Monday, May 14, 2012

Service Learning :D

Literal
I gave ogden the info :p

Interpretive
the most important thing I gained from my service learning would be to not let your emotions get in the way of your work. Throughout my time at San Dimas Community Hospital, I observed the nurses and how they reacted to the patient's case. They never showed emotion until after they left the room. They would always talk about it and talk about how they felt about the situation but when they were with the patient all they showed was kindness and care. Also, another thing I gained from my service learning is that you cant expect the patients to know what you are talking about. Most of the time when the nurses would tell the patient something, they wouldn't know what they are talking about and some of the nurses would get frustrated so they would ask other nurses to explain. I learned that nurses shouldn't let themselves get frustrated if they know that most of the patients won't understand what they mean. To add on, I learned that it is really important to prioritize the patients because sometimes they had a lot of patients but since there are only 9 beds in the ER, they had to choose which patients they were going to attend and which could wait a little longer. This was really important because if they chose the wrong person to attend first instead of one that really needed the attention, something could have happened to that patient.


Applied


My service learning helped me answer my EQ because it gave me one of my answers which is triage. Which like I said earlier, it is important in the ER to prioritize the patients by how severe their case is because some patients need the assistance more than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment