Sunday, May 6, 2012

Independent Component 1



Literal 
I, Gabriela, affirm that i completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. I assisted the ER nurses in whatever i was able to do. I was allowed to take patients vitals after the nurses taught me. I spent most of my time cleaning the rooms restocking the equipment the nurses used like the bed linens, gowns, etc. 


Interpretive
What I have done represents 30 hours of work because like I said I have assisted nurses with what i can do. I have taken patients vital signs and shadowed nurses in what they do on a daily basis.


Applied
This independent component has helped me answer my Essential Question because my EQ is what is most important for a nurse in an Emergency Room. By observing the nurses I have come with my three answers, concentration, personal health and triage. Being in an ER helps me experience what its like to be a nurse and see what types of situations they encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment