Sunday, May 6, 2012

Independent Component 2


Literal

I, Gabriela Reyes, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
I completed 30 hours of service learning at San Dimas Community Hospital. I have been assisting nurses in what I am allowed to. I have been taking patients vital signs and recording their ECG strips. I have helped comfort the patients, I have also helped translate for some of the patients that had questions or needed assistance with something.


Interpretive
This represents 30 hours of work because like I said I have been assisting nurses in what I can.  I have had the opportunity to take patients vital signs and record their ECG strips. I have been shadowing nurses when they are attending their patients. By doing this I have been able to see what it's like in the ER on a daily basis.


Applied
This Independent Component has helped me with my answers for my EQ, what is most important for a nurse in an Emergency Room. Being able to be inside an ER has given me the opportunity to have a different perspective of how nurses actually deal with patients and what they see everyday. It has helped me break down my answers to make them more specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment